Hi,

On 3.12.2015 17:32, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,
This specfile patch makes python-ipalib noarch, by splitting out the
arch-dependent stuff.

I'm not sure if this should be done at all. Both py_default_encoding and (especially) _ipap11helper are internal submodules of ipapython and I don't think they should be packaged separately.

If this is just about packaging arch-specific code separately from noarch code, I'm not sure either - all other packages with both Python and C modules I have seen (e.g. python-ldap, PyYAML) simply do not care and put everything in a single arch-specific package. IMHO we should follow.

It depends on Honza Cholasta's patches 516 and 517.

Part of https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3197

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta