On 04.12.2015 20:15, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 12/04/2015 07:17 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

Avoids failing in the later stages during the ipa-client-install
command.

Tomas

Is this change needed? Wouldn't it be better to update ipa-client-install or ipa-replica-install to not require the --domain option? I would hope that --domain can be figured out during installation and not passed to ipa-replica-install manually by the admin.

I just think that calling
# ipa-replica-install --server=master.example.com
is better than
# ipa-replica-install --server=master.example.com --domain example.com
if possible.

Martin

How about hostname 'my.ipa.example.com' and and domain 'example.com'

We already have plenty of code that is trying to use a crystal ball to detect what is right, we do not need additional one.

Martin^2