On 11.12.2015 13:56, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 12/10/2015 01:51 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 10.12.2015 11:32, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 9.12.2015 20:51, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 12/07/2015 04:21 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

the attached patches partially fix
<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3197>. This is done to allow
the addition of Python 3 packages, see
<https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-December/msg00081.html>.

See commit messages for more information.

In order to test:
1. make rpms
2.
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Upgrade_paths_%E2%80%94_renaming_or_splitting_packages#Testing_and_QA>

3. Test with both dnf and yum-deprecated.

Beware that when you run "yum-deprecated clean all", it does not
remove
cache for the on-disk repository created in step 2, you have to remove
the /var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever/$reponame directory manually.

Honza

Shouldn't freeipa-server-dns and freeipa-server-trust-add depend on
freeipa-server? They do not in this patch. IMO they should.

Fixed.

following updates work (all on f23, update from 4.2.3):
   dnf update
   dnf update freeipa-*
   yum-depracated update freeipa-*

for both client or server with all packages.

but when I tried to install only client "dnf install freeipa-client"
and
then following failed:
   dnf update freeipa-client

The difference was:
     Installing:
      freeipa-client-common                              noarch
      freeipa-common                                     noarch
      python2-ipaclient                                  noarch
      python2-ipalib                                     x86_64
     Upgrading:
      freeipa-client

Works:
      Installing:
      freeipa-client-common                              noarch
      freeipa-common                                     noarch
      freeipa-python-compat                              noarch
          replacing  freeipa-python.x86_64 4.2.3-1.1.fc23
      python2-ipaclient                                  noarch
      python2-ipalib                                     x86_64
     Upgrading:
      freeipa-client

not sure if it is a problem, otherwise the patch looks OK.

Hmm, Fedora packaging guidelines are silent about this.

When you run "dnf update freeipa-client freeipa-python" to force
freeipa-python update it works fine.

I removed Provides added Conflicts on freeipa-python which seem to have
fixed it.

Actually I think it would be better to keep the Provides and do
Conflicts < 4.2.91 - fixed.

Also updated %alt_name dependencies to be in sync with %name
dependencies and added arch-specific python-ipalib Provides to
python2-ipalib.

Updated patches attached.

ACK from me.

What surprised me a bit is that I don't see any other responses here.

If somebody didn't ready the mail, here is the new package list:

freeipa-admintools
freeipa-client
freeipa-client-common
freeipa-common
freeipa-debuginfo
freeipa-python-compat
freeipa-server
freeipa-server-common
freeipa-server-dns
freeipa-server-trust-ad
python2-ipaclient
python2-ipalib
python2-ipaserver
python2-ipatests

Thanks for the review.

Pushed to master: e9baafb08f04f91168469d3d8f36fc792d7d62dc