On 17.12.2015 10:50, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 12/17/2015 10:46 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 16.12.2015 13:14, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 12/07/2015 04:22 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 2.12.2015 13:38, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 12/01/2015 02:37 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
[...]

As for new provides, Fedora's Python packaging guidelines say:

"""
Using a fictional module named "example", the subpackage containing
the python2 version must provide python2-example. This is of course
always the case if the subpackage is named python2-example [...]
If the subpackage has some other name then then Provides:
python2-example
must be added explicitly (but see the %python_provide macro below).

The python3 subpackage must provide python3-example. However, as
the
naming guidelines mandate that the python3 subpackage be named
python3-example, this will happen automatically.
"""

so I'm now adding Provides for the top-level modules.

The goal of this work is to add support for Python 3, not to comply
with
Fedora packaging guidelines. FreeIPA on Fedora uses its own spec
file
anyway.

The goal of this patch is to add new packages that support Python 3.
Yes, the Fedora spec is different, but it's heavily based on the
upstream one, and this is a good thing. I consider the Fedora
guidelines
the standard in Python RPM packaging. If IPA uses different packaging
guidelines, can you point me to them?

FreeIPA never fully complied to Fedora packaging guidelines AFAIK
and I
don't see any reason to start now, since nobody seemed to care so far.
Following them in just py3 sub-packages does not improve the state of
FreeIPA as a whole and only brings inconsistency into it, so
there's no
benefit in doing it at all.

Again, if you insist on doing this, do it for Python 2 as well.

OK, when your patches are ACKed I'll send patches to both improve py2
packaging and add the new packages.

Here is the patch rebased onto current master, which includes your
packaging improvements.

1) python3-ipatests is missing requires on freeipa-client-common. Also
the python3-ipalib Requires should use %_isa, so that only the package
for the right architecture is pulled on install.

2) Please keep the layout of the python3-* %packages as close as
possible to python2-*.

3) Nitpick: please keep 2 empty lines between subpackage definitions.

Otherwise ACK. I fixed all the issues, see attachment. If you are OK
with the changes, I will push the patch.

Thank you, ACK from me.

Pushed to:
master: 53b60546e43caecdfb0d9e1b91cd5f309d08cf52
ipa-4-3: 8dbae7d4edb5edccdd118e0779bdeed2c40344e0

--
Jan Cholasta