On Fri, 08 Jan 2016, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 01/08/2016 01:45 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
Hello all,

fix for ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5535
requires to import rpm module

This import somehow breaks nsslib in IPA

We have 2 ways how to fix it:

1) move import rpm to body of methods (attached patch)
We are not sure how stable is this solution.

2) use solution with rpmdevtools proposed here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2016-January/msg00092.html
This should be rock stable but it needs many dependencies (rpm-python
too, perl)

The second way looks safer, so I would like to reimplement it, do you
all agree or do you have better idea?
Feedback welcome, please ASAP.

Martin^2

I guess this needs to be fixed on the RPM side, so we should file a
ticket there, referencing ours. As we discussed, this is most likely
insufficient cleanup performed on their side.
It will not be fixed on RPM side because they need access to
certificate's store and NSS library is just not designed to be a library
with multiple uncoordinated users inside the same application.

As far as the fix goes, I'd leverage the external tool in this situation.
Yes, go with external tool, really.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy