On 8.1.2016 15:44, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 01/08/2016 03:31 PM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (08/01/16 14:14), Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 8.1.2016 14:09, Martin Basti wrote:

On 08.01.2016 14:00, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 01/08/2016 01:45 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
Hello all,

fix for ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5535
requires to import rpm module

This import somehow breaks nsslib in IPA

We have 2 ways how to fix it:

1) move import rpm to body of methods (attached patch)
We are not sure how stable is this solution.

2) use solution with rpmdevtools proposed here:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2016-January/msg00092.html
This should be rock stable but it needs many dependencies (rpm-python
too, perl)

The second way looks safer, so I would like to reimplement it, do you
all agree
or do you have better idea?
Feedback welcome, please ASAP.

Martin^2
Since it's Friday, I invested 15 minutes to practice my C skills and
use the
python-cffi library to call rpm rpmvercmp library call directly
(attached):

$ python rpm.py 4.2.0-15.el7 4.2.0-15.el7_2.3
4.2.0-15.el7 < 4.2.0-15.el7_2.3

This would not introduce any additional dependency besides rpm-devel,
right? :-)

Not rpm-devel, but rpm-libs (you should dlopen "librpm.so.3").

CentOS 7 has librpm.so.3
but fedora 23+ has librpm.so.7

So if it is possible it will be good to avoid using specific vertsion.

LS

Yes.

I think it should be quite possible to not use specific version, the
interface signature itself is not likely to change.

Even if it did, the problem would be detected immediately with the most
basic of tests ()installation&run).

If by "detect" you mean "SEGFAULT", then yes. But I don't think this is very nice way of detecting an issue.

--
Jan Cholasta