On 8.1.2016 11:56, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 08:00:51PM +1000, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 07:56:15AM +0100, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 6.1.2016 05:26, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
Happy new year, all.

The attached patch fixes a unicode decode error triggered in some
locales, which causes failure of installation (and probably other
oprations, if locale is changed under an existing server).

It seems like this fixes only part of the issue - the installer won't crash
anymore. But what happens if the reason phrase uses characters which are not
in iso-8859-1 (e.g. "č", a character commonly used in Czech)? Shouldn't we
always specify the encoding in requests, so that Dogtag does not have to
guess?

In this case it will not throw an exception, but it will decode
nonsense.  However, in my investigation just now of how Tomcat
decides what to send in the reason phrase, it turns out that in
future releases they will not send a reason phrase[1] at all!

[1]
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/707ab1c77f3bc189e1c3f29b641506db4c8bce37

(Nice to know about this in advance - I will not be surprised if
some clients break)

I'll cut a new patch tomorrow that just ignores the reason phrase
rather than trying to decode and log it.  All the info is in the
status code, after all.

Thanks for reviewing,
Fraser

Promised new patch attached - removes the reason phrase and updates
call sites accordingly.

Thanks, ACK.

Pushed to master: fe94222873c4df5118e93cebe7e9d69439266ba0