On 14.1.2016 10:48, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 01/14/2016 07:55 AM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 13.1.2016 13:03, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 01/13/2016 11:34 AM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
Hello,
I'm planning to port the ipa-client to Python 3, and I'm likely to end
up shaking out some dusty corners of the codebase, rather than doing the
minimal amount of work :)
So I'd like to get your opinions before I commit significant time to
this.

[...]
client-tools/
- man/*
- *.c
- *.h
- all the automake stuff
- current contents of ipa-install (Python scripts that go in /usr/sbin)

I would rather s/client-tools/client/, as this stuff goes into the
freeipa-*client* subpackage.

OK. It's just that there's no admintools/ or server/ either.

Putting the scripts into install/tools/ (or install/client/) is another
possibility.

Right. I guess we have to decide whether we want a directory layout based on the component/subpackage or not. install/tools/ works for me equally well.

I'm not sure if this is what you are suggesting or not, but I would like
the man page files to be in the same directory as the corresponding
source code files.

Do you mean not having the man/ subdirectory?

Yes. (I don't insist though.)