On 26.01.2016 15:00, Gabe Alford wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Martin Basti <mba...@redhat.com <mailto:mba...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 26.01.2016 14:55, Petr Spacek wrote:

        On 26.1.2016 14:02, Martin Basti wrote:

            Patch attached.

        It works for me in API, CLI, and Web UI. The warning is shown
        as expected.

        Interestingly, Web UI behaves strangely when search limit is
        hit. This needs
        more investigation because it happens even without this patch :-)

    I found different bug there, webUI passes sizelimit: 0
    (unlimited), but this values is not passed to some searches inside
    BaseldapSearch which raise error, I will file a ticket na provide
    details there

Works for me as well. However, it would be nice to have what ipasearchlimit is limited to in the error message as well. So something like:
thanks for testing.

"Search result has been truncated, the current search limit is set to 10. Please increase the search limit."
Well this is not so easy to achieve in framework, I prefer not to add number there, it requires bigger change in framework or an extra ldap search.

Does this also address https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4022?
It should.
Gabe