On 21.1.2016 14:10, Martin Basti wrote:

On 20.01.2016 10:52, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 09:30:29AM +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 01/20/2016 08:45 AM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
The attached patch removes a workaround introduced as part of
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4676.

Alternatively, if we want to keep the "workaround" I will submit a
different patch that removes unused code and FIXME comments :)

Cheers,
Fraser
You may also want to check FreeIPA spec file, if there is now no
extra curl
dependency. I would leave it up to Martin Basti, to confirm that the
original
issue cannot appear again. It was a nightmare to troubleshoot, as I
heard :)

Good pickup on the curl dependency; indeed it is no longer needed.
Updated patch attached.
Thank you, patch works for me. However, I'm not sure where the original
error was located, it looked like something in _httplib_request doesn't
work properly with SSL. Your patch uses _httplib_request without TLS so
it should work.

I would like to push this patch only to master, as the issue before
wasn't regularly reproducible, and I will keep eye on it.

Also I will remove the ticket #4676 from description, because ticket has
been closed in 4.1 Milestone.

ACK with keeping eyes on it

Pushed to master: fd7ea2c9395651d5bce41cc603557fea107f65a7

Please don't introduce additional patches to tickets closed in released milestones. You should open a new ticket for the additional change so that it can be properly triaged and you don't have to guess where it should be pushed.

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta