On 27.01.2016 09:16, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 26.1.2016 15:38, Gabe Alford wrote:
On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 7:33 AM, Martin Basti <mba...@redhat.com> wrote:

On 26.01.2016 15:17, Petr Spacek wrote:

On 26.1.2016 15:06, Martin Basti wrote:

On 26.01.2016 15:00, Gabe Alford wrote:

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Martin Basti <mba...@redhat.com
<mailto:mba...@redhat.com>> wrote:

      On 26.01.2016 14:55, Petr Spacek wrote:

          On 26.1.2016 14:02, Martin Basti wrote:

              Patch attached.

          It works for me in API, CLI, and Web UI. The warning is shown
          as expected.

          Interestingly, Web UI behaves strangely when search limit is
          hit. This needs
          more investigation because it happens even without this patch
:-)

      I found different bug there, webUI passes sizelimit: 0
      (unlimited), but this values is not passed to some searches inside
      BaseldapSearch which raise error, I will file a ticket na provide
      details there

Works for me as well. However, it would be nice to have what
ipasearchlimit
is limited to in the error message as well. So something like:

thanks for testing.

"Search result has been truncated, the current search limit is set to 10.
Please increase the search limit."

Well this is not so easy to achieve in framework, I prefer not to add
number
there, it requires bigger change in framework or an extra ldap search.

Does this also address https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4022?

It should.

Maybe we can use some generic phrase like:
"Search result has been truncated to configured search limit."
and avoid advice like 'increase search limit' which may not be possible
to do,
e.g. because user does not have permission to do that etc.

Sounds good.

Updated patch attached.

Ack from me.
Push it, the weird behavior in WebUI happens even without the patch :-)

Pushed to master: 9a945b201eab40dff7781d3240f046b648644779