On 02/19/2016 11:12 AM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Fri, 19 Feb 2016, Martin Basti wrote:
WIP patch attached

Comments inline.

+        # we need to run sidgen task
+        sidgen_task_dn = DN("cn=sidgen,cn=ipa-sidgen-task,cn=tasks,"
+                            "cn=config")
+        sidgen_tasks_attr = {
+            "objectclass": ["top", "extensibleObject"],
+            "cn": ["sidgen"],
+            "delay": [0],
+            "nsslapd-basedn": [self.api.env.basedn],
+        }
May be you are better to name this task more uniquely?
Something like 'cn=generate domain sid,cn=...'?

+
+        task_entry = ldap.make_entry(sidgen_task_dn,
+                                     **sidgen_tasks_attr)
+        try:
+            ldap.add_entry(task_entry)
+        except errors.DuplicateEntry:
+            self.log.debug("sidgen task already created")
+        else:
+            self.log.debug("sidgen task has been created")
There could be multiple tasks running in parallel, that's why it could
be good to use a different and unique name.

+        # we have to check all trusts domains which have been added
after the
+        # upgrade that caused bug was done.
+
+        base_dn = DN(self.api.env.container_adtrusts,
self.api.env.basedn)
+        trust_domain_entries, truncated = ldap.find_entries(
+            base_dn=base_dn,
+            scope=ldap.SCOPE_ONELEVEL,
+            attrs_list=[attr_name, "cn"],
+        )
+
+        if truncated:
+            self.log.warning("update_sids: Search results were
truncated")
+
+        for entry in trust_domain_entries:
+            if entry.single_value[attr_name] is None:
+                domain = entry.single_value["cn"]
+                self.log.error(
+                    "Your trust to %s is broken. Please re-create it
by "
+                    "running 'ipa trust-add' again", domain)
+
+        sysupgrade.set_upgrade_state('sidgen', 'update_sids', False)
+        return False, ()
This part looks fine. Basically, a similar check needs to be added to
trust_find, trust_show, and may be trust_add.

Why trust-add?

I'm not a big fan of cluttering existing commands(find, show, mod) with logic to fix one upgrade bug. But I understand a need to communicate it somehow.

Would it make sense to move such logic to a separate command, e.g. trust-check/trust-verify? The command can do additional check in a future.
--
Petr Vobornik