On 18.2.2016 10:10, David Kupka wrote:
On 19/01/16 16:10, David Kupka wrote:
On 19/01/16 14:38, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 19.1.2016 14:26, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 01/19/2016 01:47 PM, David Kupka wrote:
I've polished the patch attached to #5586 by Timo Aaltonen.

Thanks for the patch. I've fixed the path in specfile and removed
unused import
but otherwise it works, ACK.

Won't this break existing certmonger requests depending on the old
path?

It will, I don't see any upgrade code.

# getcert list | grep '/usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger'
    pre-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/stop_pkicad
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/renew_ca_cert
"auditSigningCert
cert-pki-ca"
    pre-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/stop_pkicad
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/renew_ca_cert
"ocspSigningCert
cert-pki-ca"
    pre-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/stop_pkicad
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/renew_ca_cert
"subsystemCert
cert-pki-ca"
    pre-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/stop_pkicad
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/renew_ca_cert
"caSigningCert
cert-pki-ca"
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/renew_ra_cert
    pre-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/stop_pkicad
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/renew_ca_cert
"Server-Cert
cert-pki-ca"
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/restart_dirsrv RHEL72
    post-save command: /usr/lib64/ipa/certmonger/restart_httpd

You're right it will break the upgrade. I haven't noticed that
Server-Cert for DS and HTTPD are not handled by
certificate_renewal_update (ipaserver.install.server.upgrade) where all
the other trackings are stopped and then configured again with the
paths.CERTMONGER_COMMAND_TEMPLATE already updated.

Thanks for the catch.

I've updated Timo's patch little more and added
start_tracking_certificates() for dsinstance and httpinstance. Now the
upgrade works as expected.

The way the patches are split is kind of weird and apparently confusing (see the other thread). IMO there should be 2 patches: the first should add the ability to change DS and HTTP certmonger config during upgrade (i.e. the start_tracking_certificates() methods and certificate_renewal_update() changes), the second should move the helpers (i.e. the actual move and certificate_renewal_update() version bump).