On 25.02.2016 12:03, David Kupka wrote:
On 25/02/16 11:40, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 25.2.2016 11:25, David Kupka wrote:
On 24/02/16 17:56, Martin Basti wrote:
During my playing with pylint, I fixed this issue which allows us to
enable additional check in pylint (the nice one).

Patch attached, it should go only to master.

Works for me, ACK.

I always wonder how something like this can even get to the sources.
Fortunately the added check will prevent that in the future.

Before this is pushed, could you please check git history to verify that
these duplicate excepts are not symptomps of some actual problems?

Archaeology hat on.

The duplicate except statement in ipalib/plugins/automount.py was introduced by commit 0197ebbb and was there since 2010. All the time the second except was logically dead code.

The duplicate except statement in ipalib/backend.py was introduced by commit 01da4a8d converting StandardError to Exception. But the only difference is the message in raise error.

I should be save to push this.

Pushed to master: 0d39abddc27b0c348131dc3d0f3c5c538cd5f0b5