On 03/10/2016 03:44 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Gabe Alford wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Attached patches fix the following tickets related to IPA log files:
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5724
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5726
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5727
>>
>> Patch 0067 should be applied first, and patch 0069 applied last.
>>

> NACK. The location is also in the man pages and referenced in at least
> the server install script.

Right. Also, before the admins get used to the new locations, we should provide
symlinks from current locations to the new log files. If there are log files
with timestamp, the symlink can point to the most recent log file.

This would prevent admins running currenet Fedora, RHEL, CentOS or other
distributions to still access the log files as they are used to.