Hi list,

I would like to discuss the merge of `del_master_managed()` function from `ipa-replica-manage` command into the server_del API call that is a part of the managed replication topology design update[1] (see also the corresponding upstream ticket [2]).

Before I head down into coding I want to be sure that everyone is one the same page regarding the expected use-cases which govern the API design.

IIUC, there are two main uses of the new functionality according to design document:

1.) run 'server_del' when 'ipa-replica-manage del' is run in domain-level 1

2.) during 'ipa-server-install --uninstall', 'server_del' should be called on one of remote masters to remove the uninstalled server from the managed topology

What I didn't get from the design document is whether the method should have some kind of 'force' option which should bypass all topology connectivity checks. Currently both `ipa-replica-manage del` and server uninstaller have options which will force the removal even if it disconnects the topology ('--force' in the former, '--ignore-disconnected-topology' in the latter).

I guess the 'server_del' method should inherit this flag so that we retain the original functionality (for better or worse). I propose to name this option 'ignore_topology_disconnect' because it is more descriptive than plain 'force'.

I would also like to ask whether 'server_del' (which is currently NO_CLI) should be usable also from command line.

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology_4_4
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5588

--
Martin^3 Babinsky