On 03/18/2016 02:21 PM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
Hi All,

Please review these patches.

Fixes : https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5077

Thanks,
Abhijeet Kasurde

'invalid' is a default and right now is meant for invalid password(not correct, see below). So by reading the patch, it will break the case when user sets invalid password.

Better would be to process kinit output in rpcserver.py:login_password and set e.g: 'krbprincipal-expired' reason.

Then add it to a list of known errors in ipa.js:login_password:498. We should probaly add also 'invalid-password' to the list.

Then do the change as in this patch but only with:  'krbprincipal-expired'.

If 'invalid-password' is added to the list of know errors then we should change the default error from "The password or username you entered is incorrect. " to e.g.: 'Login failed from unknown reason"

--
Petr Vobornik