Hi list,

this is my review of the http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology_4_4 design page authored by Petr Vobornik.

Overall the page needs some more polishing, there is a number of TODOs and typos which need to be expanded/fixed.

Here are some more specific points:

1.) there is a lengthy discussion about the interface and behavior of server-del API command on this list.[1] The server_del description should be updated to reflect the conclusion reached by this discussion.

2.) we should also put more thought into actions which should be performed by `server-del` regarding cleanup of leftover references to replica's ldap/ and HTTP/ principals and DNS records.

The thing is that the original code assumes that the cleanup is performed under admin/Directory Manager credentials, while we should assume that most of these tasks should be doable by host itself (see server uninstall use-case). I shall make some more research into this.

3.) I would rewrite Topology graph section in Feature management because the current text is not very readable. Also is there a plan to show roles of an IPA master when clicking on it on the graph or is it a stretch for 4.4?

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2016-April/msg00101.html

--
Martin^3 Babinsky