On 05/03/2016 07:05 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 01:45:39PM +0200, David Kupka wrote:
Hello everyone!

I often miss proper reproducer and other important info in trac tickets.
Asking for the missing info or guessing and trying is as ineffective as it
sounds and costs us a lot of time and effort. I believe we can improve that.

We have guidelines for reporting a bug [1] but it obviously isn't enough. I
propose to prefill track ticket's description with following (or similar)
template and be strict on refusing (i.e. closing as invalid) tickets that
are incomplete.

Any thoughts, suggestions, agreement or disagreement?
I'll just throw the sssd page we have on the subject:
     https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Reporting_sssd_bugs

I would at least add the note about security-sensitive bugs to the
freeipa page, we really don't want CVEs being reported to trac :-)

Is there any automated script which can do this for us, something like sosreport ? If not then it would be good idea to invest time and efforts to have one script to gather all logs and reports.

Thanks,
Abhijeet Kasurde