On 05/06/2016 11:14 AM, Oleg Fayans wrote:

On 05/06/2016 09:48 AM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 06.05.2016 09:36, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Tests are finally stable:

============================= test session starts
==============================
platform linux2 -- Python 2.7.11 -- py-1.4.30 -- pytest-2.7.3
rootdir: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipatests, inifile: pytest.ini
plugins: multihost, sourceorder
collected 8 items

test_integration/test_dnssec.py ........

========================= 8 passed in 5561.48 seconds
==========================

PATCH 38 LGTM

PATCH 37 IIRC I refused to accept workaround for this issue when you
send this (almost the same) patch for first time, are you sure that we
want to hide real issues in tests, to just have green color there?

The underlying issue is 7 months old. Latest update in the issue from
Peter Spacek is: "I do not have time to investigate this issue now",
which means, that it will stay there for unpredictable amount of time
more. If we want to have a "green" jenkins that actually tests existing
features, we have to accept workarounds for such long-term issues

Martin

I have never been a big fan of "having a green jenkins whatever it takes" but I understand that there are all kinds of pressure on your team to deliver 100% stable test results.

If the test fails, let it fail or, even better, use 'xfail' markers so that we know that this test fails and we should investigate.

I fit fails for such a long time, we should really invest some time to look for the root cause of failure(s). If the appointed person does not have time for this, he/she should be able to negotiate some time allocated for the investigation. If you feel that the test failures are not getting enough attention from us then you perhaps need to be more proactive in the reporting.

We really should be fixing issues, not adding workarounds so that tests pass.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky