On 09.05.2016 14:07, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 6.5.2016 14:32, Martin Basti wrote:

On 28.04.2016 14:45, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

I have pushed my thin client WIP branch to GitHub:
<https://github.com/jcholast/freeipa/tree/trac-4739>.

All commits up to "ipalib: use relative imports for cross-plugin
imports" should be good for review. The rest is subject to change
(WARNING: I will force push into this branch).

Honza

I did not test it yet, I just checked the code

* automount: do not inherit automountlocation_tofiles from LDAPQuery *
LGTM

* dns: move all dnsrecord code called on client to a single class *
LGTM

* dns: do not rely on server data structures in code called on client *
1)
you forgot to increment VERSION

This was deliberate, as it will no longer be necessary to bump VERSION for backward compatible changes after this whole patchset is merged. But we're not there yet, so fixed.

How we should handle VERSION after your patches?

Otherwise LGTM

* otptoken: fix import of DN *
ACK

* otptoken_yubikey: fix otptoken_add_yubikey arguments *
1)
you forgot to increment VERSION

Fixed.

2)
Did you find out why this was issue?
- del answer['value'] # Why does this cause an error if omitted? - del answer['summary'] # Why does this cause an error if omitted?

The command definition was not complete, it was missing has_output.

Otherwise LGTM

* vault: move client-side code to the module level *
LGTM

* vault: copy arguments of client commands from server counterparts *
1)
you forgot to increment Version

Fixed.

* ipalib: use relative imports for cross-plugin imports *
1) Missing explanation for future generations why this change is needed
in commit message

Fixed.

The other commits I will check later.
Martin^2

Okay. Thanks.

* frontend: remove the unused Command.soft_validate method
LGTM

* frontend: perform argument value validation only on server
LGTM

* frontend: do not forward argument defaults to server
I'm not a fan of returning None in promt_param function, but I havent found anything better to use.
LGTM

* ipalib: optimize API.txt
this contains a lot of black magic, but because this is mainly copy of current to proper places, LGTM

* makeaci: load additional plugins using API.add_module
Looks good, but I miss explanation why is this change needed

* plugable: replace API.import_plugins with new API.add_package
LGTM

* ipalib, ipaserver: migrate all plugins to Registry-based registration
ACK

* ipalib, ipaserver: fix incorrect API.register calls in docstrings
LGTM

* plugable: remove the unused deprecated API.register method
LGTM

* plugable: switch API to Registry-based plugin discovery
LGTM

* frontend: merge baseldap.CallbackRegistry into Command
LGTM

*frontend: move the interactive_prompt callback type to Command
 LGTM

Martin^2