On 30.05.2016 18:11, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:

Hi Martin,

thanks for the review and the suggestion. Please find the updated patch attached.

Flo.

On 05/30/2016 11:00 AM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 27.05.2016 11:35, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:

Hi all,

this patch adds information to the output of ipa-client-install when it fails due to invalid format in a configuration file: ipa-client-install failing with SyntaxError: Syntax Error: Unknown line format

Fixes: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5811

--
Florence Blanc-Renaud
Identity Management Team, Red Hat

Thank you for your patch, I have just one nitpick. Can you please reuse the original exception?

-            curopts.append(self.parseLine(line))
+            try:
+                curopts.append(self.parseLine(line))
+            except SyntaxError as e:
+ raise SyntaxError('{error} in file {fname}: [{line}]'.format(
+                    error=e, fname=f.name, line=line))

Martin^2

--
Florence Blanc-Renaud
Identity Management Team, Red Hat

We are almost there

SyntaxError: Syntax Error: Unknown line format in file /etc/nsswitch.conf: [sudoers sss
]

I don't like that extra newline, probably we should use line.rstrip() to line, to remove any whitespaces on right side, I'm not sure about left side, it probably should stay with whitespaces

Martin^2