Hi Ludwig,

I agree with you there is no path to add a host with an empty hostname.
You fix looks valid but I would prefer a log in FATAL rather in PLUGIN.

Also I wonder if a reason of empty hostname could be a slapi_ch_free on it but with the host remaining in the list. Looking at https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/freeipa.git/tree/daemons/ipa-slapi-plugins/topology/topology_cfg.c#n852,
I wonder if the two lines 852 and 853 could lead to this situation.

thanks
thierry