On 06/08/2016 02:06 PM, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:
On 06/08/2016 10:07 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 7.6.2016 15:11, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your patch. As the thin-client patches were pushed in the
meantime, the patch won't apply. Could you please send a rebased version?

Also, I have a few comments to the patch:

1) I think that the commit message should be rather a brief conclusion to the
changes made in the commit. This could help for faster orientation in the
changes that were made to a certain part of code should you be searching for a
bug introduced by a commit. Should some more info be required, it can be added
to the ticket. Could you therefore shorten the commit message?
(My personal opinion, no golden standard.)

Honestly I disagree with Standa. Yes, the commit message seems to be a bit
long but *tickets* are not the best place to put *technical* information into.

Tickets are planning tool but keep in mind that Trac may/will vanish one day
and all we will have will be (Git?) repo.

I would recommend putting the comment about expected input format into code
comments somewhere around batch command definition.

This would reduce commit message (roughly, the text needs to be adapted) to
part starting 'The code did not check the format of ' ... which is perfectly
reasonable description of the change.

IMHO.
Petr^2 Spacek

2) Please do not add the tickets to comments in the code. You can use git
blame -L or git log -L to see in which commits were the changes introduced to
a certain part of a file, these commits should include the ticket number if
more info is needed.

Standa