On 10.06.2016 17:14, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a bug linked to a trailing / in a directory name. It looks like hardcoded paths for directories sometimes contain the trailing / but not always (for instance dsinstance.config_dirname() returns something like '/etc/dirsrv/slapd-DOM-221-ABC-IDM-LAB-ENG-BRQ-REDHAT-COM*/*' while HTTPD_ALIAS_DIR = "/etc/httpd/alias").

So my question is: is there a rule inside FreeIPA to use the directory name with the / or not? For most of the tools, it doesn't matter but when looking for a cert monitored by certmonger it is important. I think that a consistent rule would also avoid ugly logs with double slashes in the file names.

Flo.

Hello,

we don't have any rule on how to represent directory name, but with using proper python tools, this should not be issue, for manipulation with paths should be used os.path module, for example os.path.join('directory', 'file')

if trailing slash is an issue with certmonger, you can use os.path.normpath()

If you see any double slashes please file a tickets for them, or provide patch if it is quickfix.

HTH

Martin^2