On 06/15/2016 02:41 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
Removing the secondary list from this discussion.

On 06/15/2016 01:29 PM, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
Hi Simo,

On 06/15/2016 12:25 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Tue, 2016-06-14 at 16:40 +0300, Nikolai Kondrashov wrote:
Although this was mentioned several times before, I'd like to bring additional
attention to the idea of using config files written in JSON for tlog, because
there were some concerns over that being appropriate.

What was the reasoning behind this questioning ?

The concern that JSON in those files might be inconvenient for administrators.

In order to understand whether json is appropriate I need to ask who do
you think will be the primary user of the configuration file.
- Is it going to be mainly sysadmins manually setting things up ?

At first, yes. Later minimally, because we plan to implement central control
of most (if not all) of the parameters.

Yes, but AFAIK, tlog will still also exist as standalone component and could be
configured without integration with FreeIPA. This means admins main
configuration file would still be the config file.

Yes, that's true.

It wouldn't make much sense for small setups to use tlog, though, because it
implies ElasticSearch. At least Ansible or something like that will need to be
used for bigger setups, if not FreeIPA/SSSD, but yes, in that case it will
still be JSON.

Nick