On 14.06.2016 16:27, Martin Basti wrote:

On 09.06.2016 12:42, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 06/07/2016 08:56 AM, thierry bordaz wrote:

On 06/06/2016 07:23 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 03.06.2016 13:38, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
Hello,

The attached patch implements solution to https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5914. The patch is rather hacky as nsslapd-db-locks requires to be modified when DS is not running although I accept proposals for better solution.

Standa

LGTM and works for me, but I want ack from thierry because of the value

* value set by this patch is 100K, it is okay or should be rather 50K as is mentioned in the ticket * should be upgrade for this change, or should be this done only for new installations? (patch solves new installations only and I don't think that we should change it by upgrade, users may have already tuned DS)

Martin^2
Hello,

This value also depends of the data. For example adding groups with 10K members spikes the dblock consumption up to 40K because of membership computation during the update. The size of the entries can also contribute if for example we have several entries per page or they are too large and fit on several pages.

IMHO we should support out of the box groups with 10K, so 'nsslapd-db-locks: 50000' looks good to me. However it could be documented why it can consum so much lock and how to tune it.

thanks
thierry

Thank you, Thierry. Reduced the 100k locks to 50k locks in the patch (attached).

ACK, I will push it later

Pushed to master: 8e3b7b24c1bec5b7e2519e7c9466e3c336f9a409