On 30.6.2016 10:12, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:14, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:06, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:02, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 30.6.2016 09:56, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 30.6.2016 09:40, Martin Basti wrote:

"The easiest solution would be to add timestamps to logs, or log to different
logs from oddjob or from installer (ipareplica-conncheck.local.log and
ipareplica-conncheck.remote.log)"

Actually the easiest solution would be not to log into a file when executed
from oddjob.

Well, IPA is hard enough to debug even with logs. I would not make situation
even worse by not logging at all :-)

The commands logs into stderr, and both stdout and stderr are sent back to the
caller of the oddjob.

Alternatively, it could log into a different file (say
/var/log/ipareplica-conncheck-oddjob.log). IMO timestamps are an overkill to
fix this bug.

When we are at it, a custom logger is overkill. IMHO we should log everything
to journal and be done with it ...

It's not, we want to log to at least stderr ourselves.

Also, it would be even harder to implement than timestamps, and time is a factor here. It would fit more into <https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4501>.

Petr^2 Spacek

Patches attached.

I would rather use timestamp format with dashes between numbers to make it
easier to read and parse for humans.

Compare:

201606270954
201606290954