On 30.06.2016 19:42, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 06/30/2016 01:54 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 30.06.2016 12:07, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:21, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:12, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:14, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:06, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 30.6.2016 10:02, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 30.6.2016 09:56, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 30.6.2016 09:40, Martin Basti wrote:
"The easiest solution would be to add timestamps to logs, or log to
different
logs from oddjob or from installer
(ipareplica-conncheck.local.log and
ipareplica-conncheck.remote.log)"

Actually the easiest solution would be not to log into a file
when executed
from oddjob.
Well, IPA is hard enough to debug even with logs. I would not make
situation
even worse by not logging at all :-)
The commands logs into stderr, and both stdout and stderr are sent
back to the
caller of the oddjob.

Alternatively, it could log into a different file (say
/var/log/ipareplica-conncheck-oddjob.log). IMO timestamps are an
overkill to
fix this bug.
When we are at it, a custom logger is overkill. IMHO we should log
everything
to journal and be done with it ...
It's not, we want to log to at least stderr ourselves.

Also, it would be even harder to implement than timestamps, and time
is a
Sure, we do not have time:
=> ACK for current version of the patch.

Petr^2 Spacek

factor here. It would fit more into
<https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4501>.

Petr^2 Spacek

Patches attached.
I would rather use timestamp format with dashes between numbers
to make it
easier to read and parse for humans.

Compare:

201606270954
201606290954
201606300954

with

2016-06-27-09-54
2016-06-29-09-54
2016-06-30-09-54

New patches attaches

Works for me, ACK.

master:
* 4ce0258c235c985e07a19d291bd699720d9ef1bf Add option --no-log for ipa-replica-conncheck script * 08fcc7e25af54379eec87f4e22f8cd26db7ffbb0 Do not log to file in remote conncheck side