Hello Thierry!

Thanks for looking into it. I will try to answer your questions and comments inline.

On 01/07/16 10:26, thierry bordaz wrote:
Hi David,

The patch looks good but being not familiar with that code, my comments
may be absolutely wrong

In ipadb_get_pwd_expiration, if it is not 'self' we set '*export=mod_time'.
If for some reason 'mod_time==0', it has now a specific meaning 'not
expiring' . Does it match the comment '* not 'self', so reset */'

mod_time should be timestamp of the modification operation. So mod_time == 0 should happen only when the change was performed in the very beginning of 70's.

In ipadb_entry_to_mods, it deletes krbPasswordExpiration. But just
before it adds in the mods krbPasswordExpiration=0 or
krbPasswordExpiration=entry->pw_expiration
Could we skip those mods if entry->pw_expiration==0 or expire_time==0 ?

That is exactly what I thought. But in that part of code I have no chance to check if the attribute is present in the entry or not. Also I can't catch and ignore the resulting error when deleting nonexistent attribute. Here only LDAPMod structures are filled but the execution is done in an other part of code. So I choose the easy path and always set the attribute and delete it right after if necessary.

In ipapwd_SetPassword, ipapwd_post_modadd, same remark as above.

Something that I am not sure is what is the expected relation between
passwordexpirationtime and krbPasswordExpiration

I'm not sure either. I think we don't use passwordexpirationtime attribute.

thanks
thierry