On 07/13/2016 09:51 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 07/13/2016 08:26 AM, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 07/12/2016 08:44 AM, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 07/11/2016 04:27 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 07/11/2016 01:23 PM, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:

Isn't the bug about something else?

The issue was that ipa-replica-install doesn't have --force-ntpd option.
It is an option of ipa-client-install which is run from replica
installer.

The unattended mode is unrelated.
My understanding is that the bug says that '--force-ntpd' option
should not be shown when ipa-client-install is run during replica
installation.

During replica installation, the ipa-client-install script is run with
the '--unattended' flag in the 'ensure_enrolled()' function. Being a
separate script, there's not many options on how to pass the
information not to show the message to ipa-client-install. Using the
already used flag to get rid of the message seemed easiest to me.
Introducing a new 'hidden' flag (like '--from-replica'), on the other
hand, seems a bit harsh.

Just to throw it out there - it's possible that the '--force-join'
client option would also appear as a hint from the client install script
(during replica installation). Should this also be muted somehow? To me,
it seems reasonable to rather add it as an argument to
ipa-replica-install to pass it to the client install script.

IMO client installation initiated from replica needs to have a special
option(hidden in help) similar to --on-server (or what's its name). E.g.
the name can be --replica-install. Maybe --on-server can be used but it
may have other implication which might not be valid for this use case.

Anything else are just workarounds. Imagine that admin runs
ipa-client-install with --unattended or --force-join. He would then not
get the message as now.

The --on-master option won't do here as it seems that the client would require some IPA pre-configuration for successful install. A new option will have to be created, then.

As I was trying to point out, the situation about --force-join is a bit different. The option again would be shown and is not available in ipa-replica-install. I think it should be available to allow direct replica installation even when previous installation failed/left some mess on the master (ofc the user could run `ipa-replica-manage del <bad-bad-hostname> --cleanup` on the master instead).