On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 18.7.2016 10:12, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 16.7.2016 12:46, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
Hi,

I had some time and was blocked by these bugs to do my tickets so I
actually fixed these three problems that are assigned to Martin
Babinsky. Hopefully, Martin wouldn't be offended by that. :)

------

Output entry elements may have multiple types allowed. We need to check
all of them to properly validate the output. Right now, thin client
receives type specifications for elements as tuples of types, so
what is seen as 'None' on the server side becomes (type(None),) tuple
on the thin client side.

Change validation to account this by processing each separate type
of the element and account for both None and type(None). Raise type
error only if all of the type checks failed.

NACK, this only hides the real issue, which is that trustconfig-show
(and automember-set-default in #6037) claims to return the primary key
of the object in the 'value' output field, but the object does not
have a primary key, so the client rightfully expects None.
Why did it work before introducing thin client?

Because I took the liberty of not putting any extra effort just to keep old hacks working on thin client. In this case, output.PrimaryKey was used for the 'value' output field before, which always allowed unicode in addition to the primary key type. On thin client, output.Output with the primary key type is used instead, which is less forgiving and uncovers bogus command definitions. (There aren't any besides the ones already mentioned, I remember fixing them but the commit got lost somehow. Oh well.)
This means thin client would not work against old server which would
return a non-primary key value. I think it is unacceptable.

Aside from that, comparing "(type(None),) is None" will never give you
True on the thin client side. At the server side we have "None is None"
and that works. So the question is also why there is a change like that
between client and server sides?

I don't see how this has anything to do with anything. In output validation, "type = None" means that value of any type is allowed, "type = (type(None),)" means that only None is allowed. Nothing changed with regard to that in thin client.
Really? Previous code worked against corresponding server, new code
doesn't work against the very same server. I consider it a breakage.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy