On 19.7.2016 10:40, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jul 2016, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 18.7.2016 10:12, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 16.7.2016 12:46, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
Hi,

I had some time and was blocked by these bugs to do my tickets so I
actually fixed these three problems that are assigned to Martin
Babinsky. Hopefully, Martin wouldn't be offended by that. :)

------

Output entry elements may have multiple types allowed. We need to
check
all of them to properly validate the output. Right now, thin client
receives type specifications for elements as tuples of types, so
what is seen as 'None' on the server side becomes (type(None),)
tuple
on the thin client side.

Change validation to account this by processing each separate type
of the element and account for both None and type(None). Raise type
error only if all of the type checks failed.

NACK, this only hides the real issue, which is that trustconfig-show
(and automember-set-default in #6037) claims to return the primary
key
of the object in the 'value' output field, but the object does not
have a primary key, so the client rightfully expects None.
Why did it work before introducing thin client?

Because I took the liberty of not putting any extra effort just to
keep old hacks working on thin client. In this case, output.PrimaryKey
was used for the 'value' output field before, which always allowed
unicode in addition to the primary key type. On thin client,
output.Output with the primary key type is used instead, which is less
forgiving and uncovers bogus command definitions. (There aren't any
besides the ones already mentioned, I remember fixing them but the
commit got lost somehow. Oh well.)
This means thin client would not work against old server which would
return a non-primary key value. I think it is unacceptable.

Not true, as this only applies to servers with API schema (4.4+).
Only because thin client does not work against servers without API
schema at all:

[root@f24-master ~]# ipa -vv -e xmlrpc_uri=https://id.vda.li/ipa/xml
config-show
ipa: INFO: trying https://id.vda.li/ipa/json
ipa: INFO: Request: {
  "id": 0,    "method": "ping",    "params": [
      [],        {}
  ]
}
ipa: INFO: Response: {
  "error": null,    "id": 0,    "principal": "ad...@vda.li",
"result": {
      "messages": [
          {
              "code": 13001,                "message": "API Version
number was not sent, forward compatibility not guaranteed. Assuming
server's API version, 2.156",                "name": "VersionMissing",
              "type": "warning"
          }
      ],        "summary": "IPA server version 4.2.3. API version 2.156"
  },    "version": "4.2.3"
}
ipa: INFO: Forwarding 'config_show/1' to json server
'https://id.vda.li/ipa/json'
ipa: INFO: Request: {
  "id": 0,    "method": "config_show/1",    "params": [
      [],        {
          "version": "2.210"
      }
  ]
}
ipa: INFO: Response: {
  "error": {
      "code": 905,        "message": "unknown command 'config_show/1'",
      "name": "CommandError"
  },    "id": 0,    "principal": "ad...@vda.li",    "result": null,
"version": "4.2.3"
}
ipa: ERROR: unknown command 'config_show/1'

Works fine for me:

$ rpm -q freeipa-client
freeipa-client-4.4.0.201607180602GITa2891af3-0.fc24.x86_64

$ ipa ping
IPA server version 4.2.3. API version 2.156

$ ipa config-show
 Maximum username length: 32
 Home directory base: /home
 Default shell: /bin/sh
 Default users group: ipausers
 Default e-mail domain: abc.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
 Search time limit: -1
 Search size limit: -1
 User search fields: uid,givenname,sn,telephonenumber,ou,title
 Group search fields: cn,description
 Enable migration mode: FALSE
 Certificate Subject base: O=ABC.IDM.LAB.ENG.BRQ.REDHAT.COM
 Password Expiration Notification (days): 4
 Password plugin features: AllowNThash
 SELinux user map order:
guest_u:s0$xguest_u:s0$user_u:s0$staff_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023$unconfined_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023
 Default SELinux user: unconfined_u:s0-s0:c0.c1023
 Default PAC types: nfs:NONE, MS-PAC

Try removing ~/.cache/ipa/servers/<server hostname> - if you reinstalled the server in the last hour (the default cache TTL), it should help.
Yes, this did help, thanks. I didn't reinstall the server at all but I
ran ipa command before adding CA cert of that install to my client's NSS
database. I guess it was the cache from that attempt that broke it.

Coming back to trustconfig-show, older server response's 'value' field
is ignored. I guess we can actually remove the value completely because
it is of no use anywhere.

As to other commands without primary key and returning value, may be you
can revive your patch?
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy