On 26.07.2016 17:01, Ariel Barria wrote:
Hello everyone.

I send patch for review.

Regards,

Hello, thank you for the patch, but I have a few comments:

1)
can you please use option --backup-server instead of --ipa-backup-server to be consistent with --server (as we don't have option --ipa-server)

2)
values passed by --server option are validated if it is IPA server or not, this should happen for backup server(s) too.

But looking to current ipa-client-install, it may be challenging to achieve this goal. I'm afraid that you might rather wait until we refactor the client code (next release hopefully). But in case you are brave enough, I can provide advises, but it will be hell.

3)
There is a question, if the backup server should be used also for krb5.conf or other configs where multiple servers can be specified. Probably not. But at least this should be mentioned in manpage that this option is used only for SSSD (probably there should be check to prevent using --backup-server together with --no-sssd option)

4)
'man ipa-client-install' should be updated with the new option

5)
ipa_backup_server allows to specify multiple servers, so the new option should be multivalued (and then joined to coma separated list into SSSD config)

regards,