On 29.07.2016 15:10, Martin Basti wrote:

On 29.07.2016 14:42, Florence Blanc-Renaud wrote:
On 07/28/2016 10:56 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
Fixes https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/6101

I have also noticed that the principal aliases are not preserved during
migration from FreeIPA 4.4.

That, however, requires more powerful runes to transform the realm of
all values and warrants a separate ticket if we even want to support
migration of user aliases.

Hi Martin,

thanks for your patch. From a technical standpoint, it looks good to me as I tested the following scenarios:

1/ without --user-ignore-attribute
- call ipa migrate-ds without specifying any attributes to ignore
The user entries are migrated, and contain a migrated krbprincipalname and krbcanonicalname. At this point kinit fails but this is expected as the krb attributes were not re-generated. Login to the web https://hostname/ipa/ui also fails as expected.
- login to https://hostname/ipa/migration with the user credentials
- perform kinit => OK
- login to https://hostname/ipa/ui => OK

2/ with --user-ignore-attribute={krbPrincipalName,krbextradata,...} as explained in the Migration page [1] At this point kinit fails as expected, as well as login to the web ipa/ui.
- login to https://hostname/ipa/migration with the user credentials
- perform kinit => OK
- login to https://hostname/ipa/ui => OK

But the patch produces new pep8 complaints:
./ipaserver/plugins/migration.py:39:1: E402 module level import not at top of file

This is caused by old code, it should not prevent this patch to be acked. Imports are heavily mixed in code already, it is not possible to keep importing right without fixing old ones.
Martin^2

Flo.

----
[1] https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Migration#Migrating_from_other_FreeIPA_to_FreeIPA

Pushed to master: 1a04edd36bd95d0e6e8c43e742113b3e3cadfb6b