On 12.08.2016 12:37, Petr Spacek wrote:
Hello,

please review attached patch set. It fixes
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/167

The code is also available on Github:
https://github.com/pspacek/bind-dyndb-ldap/tree/fix_root_zone_removal

Patched SRPM:
https://pspacek.fedorapeople.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/bind-dyndb-ldap-10.0-3.fc24.src.rpm

COPR build:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pspacek/bind-dyndb-ldap/build/440841/

Martin Basti, please build it also in @freeipa/freeipa-master COPR so CI can
pick it up. Thank you!

Patch set description:
Fix zone removal to respect forward configuration inheritance.

Ad-hoc fwd_delete_table() calls did not respect inheritance hierarchy
in forwarding configuration. Now all manipulation with forward table
is done in fwd_configure_zone() and fully respects configuration inheritance.

There is a trick: When removing or deactivating a zone, fwd_configure_zone()
is called with empty configuration set to simulate that the zone does
not have any explicit configuration. This triggers the inheritance
logic when necessary (i.e. for the root zone).

https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/167
https://github.com/pspacek/bind-dyndb-ldap/commit/d6e413c4cc88101b902d73e05e1ce35e2fe4aedd

Remove preserve_forwarding parameter from ldap_delete_zone2().

The parameter was TRUE only when called from zone_security_change().
zone_security_change() is calling ldap_delete_zone2() in exclusive mode
anyway so there is no need to optimize this.

Removal of the parameter will make easier to centralize forwarding
configuration on one place.

https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/167
https://github.com/pspacek/bind-dyndb-ldap/commit/b40976263460d8f4aeeec2a2a8f41cc54dcd0b28

Works for me, but I haven't checked the code.

Martin^2