On 14.09.2016 18:53, Sumit Bose wrote:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 06:03:37PM +0200, Martin Basti wrote:

On 14.09.2016 17:53, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 14 Sep 2016, Martin Basti wrote:

On 14.09.2016 17:41, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Wed, 14 Sep 2016, Martin Basti wrote:
1)
I still don't see the reason why AD trust is needed. Default
trust ID view is added just by ipa-adtrust-install, adding
trust is not needed for current implementation. You don't
need AD for this, IDviews is generic feature not just for
AD. Is that user configured on AD side?
You cannot add non-AD user to 'default trust view', so you will not be
able to set up certificates to ID override which does not exist.

For non-'default trust view' you can add both IPA and AD users,
so using
some other view and then assign certificate for a ID override in that
one.

Ok then, but anyway I would like to see API/CLI tests for this
feature with proper output validation.

How can be this tested with SSSD?
You need to log into the system with a certificate...
Is this possible from test? We are logged remotely as root, is there any
cmdline util which allows us to test certificate against AD user?

You can use 'sss_ssh_authorizedkeys aduser@ad.domain' which should
return the ssh key derived from the public key in the certificate. This
should work for certificate stored in AD as well as for overrides.

You can also you the DBus lookup by certificate as described in
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/DesignDocs/LookupUsersByCertificate .

HTH

bye,
Sumit

Thank you Alexander and Summit for hints.

Oleg I realized we don't have any other idviews integration tests

So I propose to rename test file you are adding to test_idviews.py. We can add more testcases for idviews there later

Martin^2
Martin^2