mbasti-rh commented on a pull request

"""
Shouldn't external plugins use update files or update plugins as IPA does?

We don't have any guaranteed internal API for anything, we don't have any
document about external plugins, we don't have prepared any API for 3rd party
plugins. We just have your POC 3rd party plugin.

Unless there is no design document with serious investigation and agreed
workflow how to work with 3rd party plugins, provided stable well tested API
for 3rd party plugins (not just internal API that may and will change), then
"is a handy" is not valid argument for me.

I don't remember that we did freeze our internal API, so 3rd party plugins will
fail with any change there.
"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/84#issuecomment-247302163