abbra commented on a pull request

"""
Update plugins are higher level of abstraction. They use
ipaserver.install.ldapupdate.LDAPUpdate which provides both .update() and
.update_from_dict() methods. Update plugins can produce dictionaries. With the
change in this pull request they will have to always write down dynamic update
content to files first and then run LDAPUpdate.update() with those files. Or
re-implement .update_from_dict().

That's why I gave a NACK -- consider this coming from the work I'm doing right
now to create documentation for external plugins. It is silly to remove
function only to introduce it back.

"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/84#issuecomment-247307982