On Fri, 2016-09-30 at 14:19 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 09/23/2016 09:54 AM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 06:09:43PM +0200, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > As you know, FedoraHosted.org will be decommissioned.
> > >  https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/fedorahosted-sunset-2017
> > > -02-28/
> > >
> > > We use Trac instance there. Let's discuss where we should migrate
> > > and
> > > what are our requirements. Then put results on one place. For
> > > that I've
> > > created:
> > >   http://www.freeipa.org/page/FedoraHosted_Migration
> >

> > That you for writing this up, there are some good points I didn't
> > think
> > about, like migrating the ticket numbers. Did you already file an
> > issue
> > that tracks this in Pagure (or asked if this is already possible)?
>

> I think the achieving the same ticket numbers should not be
> difficult. During
> the migration, we would just need to make sure we insert dummy
> Pagure/Github/... tickets on when the original ticket was deleted,
> like

A pro for github is that migration tools exist. This is a con for
pagure.

The github API doesn't allow you to specify issue numbers. However, it
does issue them incrementally. Thus, so long as the input to the
conversion process is sorted by ticket number and there are no gaps,
the ticket number will be retained.

One issue I ran into was github's throttling limits. I worked around
this by inserting a sleep() into the import loop which slowed down the
process enough to bypass github's limiting. However, this also means
that with a database as large as FreeIPA's import will take a long
time.

Nathaniel