Title: #188: Move Python egg-info to top level directory
I have changed the PR a bit
* dist and build are no longer moved
* as discussed on IRC ```freeipa.egg-info``` is now ```ipaserver.egg-info```.
pkg_resource assumes that a egg-info directory has the same prefix as a package
* I added a egg_info command plugin based on
. My variant uses the distutils API properly and corrects a bug with
* ipasetup now calculates the package root path based on the path of setup.py.
This should be enough to enable VPATH out-of-tree builds.
* By default the egg-info directories are in the top-level project dir or on
top_builddir. For in-tree tests the egg-info directories must be in sys.path in
order to register entry points correctly, see PR #187
See the full comment at
Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-devel mailing list:
Contribute to FreeIPA: http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Code