Title: #182: Use env var IPA_CONFDIR to get confdir for 'cli' context

jcholast commented:
"""
Sorry, but I just don't see an explanation in the comment you linked, just that
you think it's easier to set an environment variable rather than an argument.
Yes, it is easier, but it also make the configuration implicit - say this PR
was merged, now look at this:
```
$ ipa ping
```
Can you tell me which configuration directory will this command use? The fact
is you can't, as opposed to:
```
$ ipa -e confdir=/path/to/confdir
```
where it is clear just by looking at the command. This is the part I have a
problem with.

The links you posted only show that environment variables are used to override
configuration in a few pieces of software, not that it is a standard like you
say. I could as easily compile a list of software which _doesn't_ do it.

All of the examples are doable by setting `confdir` explicitly in `ipa -e` or
`api.bootstrap()` as well. I would like to see something more concrete.

I will read your proposal once you send it to freeipa-devel for review.
"""

See the full comment at
https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/182#issuecomment-259679930