On 27.1.2017 22:45, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 01/27/2017 01:37 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
Hello all,

I'm working on adding support of nsupdate format to output of `ipa
dns-update-system-records` command, that will allow to copy&paste output
to nsupdate utility and update IPA DNS records on external server. I
propose following:

1) new option --nsupdate-format

This option will replace standard output with nsupdate format output.
Feel free to propose better name.

2) client or server side plugin?

I'd like to implement this behavior only at client side. But this will
not work in cases when only server api or RPC calls are used. Do you
think that we should support this uses case (in server side plugin)?

Martin

The main ideal was to allow piping into nsupdate. i don't remember if
server side returns in human readable form or in structured way. If in
structured, then implementation in client side plugin would make better
sense.

+1 to Alexander on '--out nsupdate' option

+1 to both --out and client-side implementation.

--
Jan Cholasta