On la, 18 helmi 2017, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

Hi,

So Fedora puts all of dist-packages/ipaserver/* in python-ipaserver,
but dcerpc.py imports python-samba which -ipaserver does not depend on.
So I've kept dcerpc.py and adtrustinstance.py in freeipa-server-trust-ad
on Debian, but now with 4.4.3 (because of fd8c17252fbc) it seems that
ipa-server-install wants to import adtrustinstance and fails to run if
it's not installed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/sbin/ipa-server-install", line 25, in <module>
   from ipaserver.install.server import Server
 File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipaserver/install/server/__init__.py",
line 8, in <module>
   from .upgrade import upgrade_check, upgrade
 File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipaserver/install/server/upgrade.py",
line 49, in <module>
   from ipaserver.install import adtrustinstance
ImportError: cannot import name adtrustinstance

So what to do here? I can't remember exactly what problems I hit when
everything was in python-ipaserver while testing 4.3.0, but I think they
were about the samba stuff.. and don't want to test again without asking
first. Should the upgrader stuff be split?
I think we simply can move ipa_smb_conf_exists() to ipapython or ipalib.
It only needs to read a config file and check a signature. Signature could be
moved to constants. Then ipa_smb_conf_exists() can be imported in both
upgrade tool and in adtrustinstance.

Want to make a PR?
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy