On 03/14/2017 04:24 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 14.03.2017 14:50, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 01:51:19PM +0100, Martin Basti wrote:
Hello,

DRAFT for FreeIPA 4.5.0 release notes is ready
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.5.0

Please update/let me know what is missing, what is extra.
Please update this paragraph:
````
AD User Short Names

Support for AD users short names has been added. Short
names can be enabled from CLI by setting ipa config-mod
--domain-resolution-order="domain.test:ad.domain1.test:ad.domain2.test"
or from WebUI under Configuration tab. No manual configuration on SSSD
side is required.
````

With a note that this feature is not supported by SSSD yet and the work
is tracked with https://pagure.io/SSSD/sssd/issue/3210

I updated that section. Shouldn't we remove it completely from release
notes because it will not work until new SSSD is released?

I'd keep it there and add Jakub's comment. It will be useful when SSSD with the support is released.

--
Petr Vobornik