On 04/21/2017 08:49 AM, Standa Laznicka wrote:
On 04/21/2017 08:12 AM, Abhijeet Kasurde wrote:
+1

On 20/04/17 9:36 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to improve quality of bug reports and RFEs.

A possibility I see is to create and issue template [1].
Sounds like a good idea! Please see my comments.

What do you think of the following template? Should we use it?

""""
### Request for enhancement
As <persona> , I want <what?> so that <why?>.
This sounds very labored. How about using:
"I am a <org_role> and I want ..."

### Bug
#### What doesn't work (what was the goal)
<nitpick>"What's not working" proposes the situation will change and
sounds better IMO</nitpick>

I took some inspiration from the Atom template. But tried to keep it shorter. As a bonus I added a link where people can find log files and a link to troubleshooting page.

New one:
"""
### Request for enhancement
As <persona, e.g. admin> , I want <what?> so that <why?>.

### Issue
[description of the issue]

#### Steps to Reproduce
1.
2.
3.

#### Actual behavior
(what happens)

#### Expected behavior
(what do you expect to happen)

#### Version/Release/Distribution
$ rpm -q freeipa-server freeipa-client ipa-server ipa-client 389-ds-base pki-ca krb5-server

#### Additional info:
Any additional information, configuration, data or log snippets that is needed for reproduction or investigation of the issue.

Log file locations: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Linux_Domain_Identity_Authentication_and_Policy_Guide/config-files-logs.html
Troubleshooting guide: https://www.freeipa.org/page/Troubleshooting
"""

1.  Can we add pre-defined set of components in title ? for example,

I don't know if it is possible. Probably not.

[CERT] some_cert_related bug description
[installer] some installer related bug description
This is what Pagure has tags for. But you're right we might be missing
some, although "CERT" is probably not a good example, installer is. On
the other hand, "userstory" is a tag I will myself never use on purpose.

2. Also, Having a bot in place which will enforce or atleast suggest
reporter to modify bug report.

Could you elaborate?

[1] https://docs.pagure.org/pagure/usage/ticket_templates.html

My hope is that the issue template should do itself.

For the record, I love the way Atom guides you through their issue
creation: https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/new.

--
Petr Vobornik

Associate Manager, Engineering, Identity Management
Red Hat