Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On 10/13/2009 07:25 AM, Martin wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 07:33, s k <rantingkip...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can I add a freeIPA server as a trusted domain / forest?
> > This list seems quite dead, I've been subscribed for months and there
> > were _no_ messages. Either FreeIPA forgot them or the project is
> > silently dying...
>
> > regards,
> > Martin
>

> This list is not dead, merely quiet.
>
> Much more active is freeipa-users and freeipa-devel.
>
> The original topic here would be best posed on freeipa-users.

Hello,

We have not been using the "interest" list for a while.
This was probably not a good idea since it lead to the wrong conclusion.
We are actively working on the FreeIPA 2.0
that is coming out later this year.

It is going to include:
* CS integration for service and host certs
* DNS integration
* Automount
* Netgroups
* NIS migration
* Host based access control
And more...

A separate related project we are working on is SSSD:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/
It provides the framework of different identity and authentication
sources on the client side.

IPA will have means to hook into SSSD as identity and authentication source.

We are also looking into more native integration with AD.
We are planning to take advantage of Samba 4 and use it as a facade and
pretend that IPA is another AD forest.
This effort started but is not a part of freeIPA 2.0.
One can read more about it here:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/IPAv3_development_status

Thank you,
Dmitri Pal