To all freeipa-interest, freeipa-users and freeipa-devel list members,
The FreeIPA project team is pleased to announce the availability of the
Beta 2 release of freeIPA 2.0 server .
* Binaries are available for F-14.
* With the release of this Beta, freeIPA moves into the Release
* Please do not hesitate to share feedback, criticism or bugs with us on
our mailing list: freeipa-us...@redhat.com
Main Highlights of the Beta
This beta has a set of significant improvements across all areas of
the project. Modifications include but are not limited to:
* Support of the latest Dogtag packages.
* Installation fixes.
* Changes in the DIT structure.
* New permissions defined against different elements of the tree.
* Better startup and shutdown handling.
* Replication improvements.
* Incremental improvements in IPv6 support.
* DNS improvements.
* The package name has been changed to "freeipa" to avoid
collision with IPA v1.x and many others.
Focus of the Beta Testing
* There is a Fedora test day for FreeIPA coming on Feb 10th .
Please join us in testing FreeIPA. The exact instructions
will be provided later and will be available off the link
on the page.
* The following section outlines the areas that we are mostly
interested to test .
Significant Changes Since Beta 1
To see all the tickets addressed between the two beta releases
Repositories and Installation
* Use the following link to install the beta 2 packages .
* On Fedora-14 FreeIPA relies on the latest versions
of the packages currently available from the updates-testing
repository. Please make sure to enable this repository before
you proceed with installation.
* There are known issues that currently prevent FreeIPA from
successfully installing on F-15 . We will send a separate
message when these issues are resolved.
* Server-generated error messages are not translated yet.
* IPv6 support is not complete.
* The 'ipa help' command does not support localization.
We plan to address all the outstanding tickets before the
final 2.0 release. For the complete list see .
The FreeIPA development team
Freeipa-interest mailing list