The FreeIPA team is proud to announce version 2.1.3.
It can be downloaded from http://www.freeipa.org/Downloads
== What happened to 2.1.2!? ==
Right after tagging 2.1.2 we found an upgrade issue that would have
affected any users using the selfsign CA (installed with --selfsign). We
decided to hold back the release, fix a few more bugs, and just push out
2.1.3 instead about a week later. So here we are.
== Highlights in 2.1.3 ==
* Enforce that system hostname matches hostname of IPA server.
* Require that /etc/hosts is sane even when configuring DNS.
* Increase default server-side LDAP search limits.
* Client enrollment improvements including longer wait for sssd to
start, recovery if discovered IPA server is not responsive and when
anonymous bind is disabled in 389-ds.
== Highlights in 2.1.2 ==
* Upgrade older dogtag installs to use new PKI proxy configuration
* hbactest improvements
* Added platform-independent code to make ipa-client-install more portable
* Make client uninstaller more robust, should restore state more completely.
* UI usability improvements
* Tool for Enabling/Disabling Managed Entry Plugins
* Managed Entries configuration is now replicated
* IPv6 client enrollment improvements
* Man page improvements
* Performance improvements when calculating indirect membership
* Improved handling of disabled anonymous binds in 389-ds
* user is now prompted to enter current password when changing to a new
* ipa server now support multiple namingContexts. ipa-client-install and
password migration were fixed
== Upgrading ==
=== Server ===
To upgrade a 2.0.0, 2.0.1 or 2.1.0 server do the following:
# yum update freeipa-server --enablerepo=updates-testing
This will pull in updated freeIPA, 389-ds, dogtag, libcurl and xmlrpc-c
packages (and perhaps some others). A script will be executed in the rpm
postinstall phase to update the IPA LDAP server with any required changes.
There is a bug reported against 389-ds,
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=730387, related to
read-write locks. The NSPR RW lock implementation does not safely allow
re-entrant use of reader
locks. This is a timing issue so it is difficult to predict. During
testing one user experienced this and the upgrade hung. To break the
hang kill the ns-slapd process for your realm, wait for the yum
transaction to complete, then restart 389-ds and manually run the update
# service dirsrv start
# ipa-ldap-updater --update
=== Client ===
The ipa-client-install tool in the ipa-client package is just a
configuration tool. There should be no need to re-run this on every
client already enrolled.
== Detailed Changelog for 2.1.3 ==
Adam Young (1):
* Fix dynamic display of UI tabs based on rights
Alexander Bokovoy (8):
* Increase number of 'getent passwd attempts' to 10
* Force kerberos realm to be a string
* Include indirect membership and canonicalize hosts during HBAC rules
* Refactor backup_and_replace_hostname() into a flexible config
* Write KRB5REALM to /etc/sysconfig/krb5kdc and make use of common
* Refactor authconfig use in ipa-client-install
* Document --preserve-sssd option of ipa-client-install
* Use set class instead of dictview class as set is wider supported
Jan Cholasta (3):
* Disallow deletion of global password policy.
* Don't leak passwords through kdb5_ldap_util command line arguments.
* Remove more redundant configuration values from krb5.conf.
John Dennis (1):
* Fix Spanish po translation file
Martin Kosek (12):
* Improve default user/group object class validation
* Fix i18n in config plugin
* Fix dnszone-add name_from_ip server validation
* Improve handling of GIDs when migrating groups
* ipa-client-install hangs if the discovered server is unresponsive
* Optimize member/memberof searches in LDAP
* Make IPv4 address parsing more strict
* Check hostname resolution sanity
* Hostname used by IPA must be a system hostname
* Check /etc/hosts file in ipa-server-install
* Fix ipa-client-install -U option alignment
* Improve hostgroup/netgroup collision checks
Petr Vobornik (2):
* Added missing fields to password policy page
* Fixed: Unable to add external user for RunAs User for Sudo rules
Rob Crittenden (12):
* Fix DNS permissions and membership in privileges
* Fix upgrades of selfsign server
* Make ipa-join work against an LDAP server that disallows anon binds
* Fix has_upg() to work with relocated managed entries configuration.
* Work around limits not being updatable in 389-ds.
* Save the value of hostname even if it doesn't appear in
* Add explicit instructions to ipa-replica-manage for winsync replication
* Set min nvr of 389-ds-base to 1.2.10-0.4.a4 for limits fixes
* Handle an empty value in a name/value pair in config_replace_variables()
* Update all LDAP configuration files that we can.
* If our domain is already configured in sssd.conf start with a new
* Fix typo in invalid PTR record error message
Simo Sorce (1):
* updates: Change default limits on ldap searches
== Detailed Changelog for 2.1.2 ==
Adam Young (4):
* split metadata call
* Make mod_nss renegotiation configuration a public function
* Execute pki proxy setup when server is upgraded if needed
* Force the upgrade of pki-setup when upgrading the RPMS
Alexander Bokovoy (13):
* Incorrect name in examples of ipa help hbactest
* Unroll groups when testing HBAC rules
* Introduce platform-specific adaptation for services used by FreeIPA.
* Convert server install code to platform-independent access to system
* Convert client-side tools to platform-independent access to system
* Convert installation tools to platform-independent access to system
* Cleanup whitespace
* When external host is specified in HBAC rule, allow its use in
* Unroll StrEnum values when displaying help
* Configure pam_krb5 on the client only if sssd is not configured
* Setup and restore ntp configuration on the client side properly
* Fix 'referenced before assignment' warning
* Before kinit, try to sync time with the NTP servers of the domain we
Endi S. Dewata (24):
* Fixed unit test for entity select widget.
* Fixed layout problem in permission adder dialog.
* Fixed sudo rule association dialogs.
* Fixed missing optional field.
* Fixed labels for run-as users and groups.
* Fixed problem opening host adder dialog.
* Removed entitlement menu.
* Fixed posix group checkbox.
* Fixed columns in HBAC/sudo rules list pages.
* Fixed missing cancel button in unprovisioning dialog.
* Fixed problem enabling/disabling DNS zone.
* Fixed problem enrolling member with the same name.
* Modified dialog to use sections.
* Removed undo flags from dialog field specs.
* Fixed problem on combobox with search limit.
* Fixed problem displaying special characters.
* Fixed add/delete arrows position.
* Fixed duplicate entries in enrollment dialog.
* Updated color scheme.
* Fixed tab and dialog widths.
* Disable enroll button if nothing selected.
* Fixed missing default shell field.
* I18n clean-up.
* Disable sudo options Delete button if nothing selected.
JR Aquino (1):
* Create Tool for Enabling/Disabling Managed Entry Plugins
Jakub Hrozek (1):
* Silence a compilation warning in ipa_kpasswd
Jan Cholasta (6):
* Check that install hostname matches the server hostname.
* Fix client install on IPv6 machines.
* Fix ipa-replica-prepare always warning the user about not using the
* Validate name_from_ip parameter of dnszone.
* Add a function for formatting network locations of the form
host:port for use in URLs.
* Work around pkisilent bugs.
Jr Aquino (1):
* Move Managed Entries into their own container in the replicated space.
Marko Myllynen (1):
* Don't remove /tmp when removing temp cert dir
Martin Kosek (21):
* Improve man pages structure
* Improve ipa-join man page
* Fix permissions in installers
* Fix configure.jar permissions
* Set bind and bind-dyndb-ldap min nvr
* Fix pylint false positive in hbactest module
* ipactl does not stop dirsrv
* dirsrv is not stopped correctly in the fallback
* Remove checks for ds-replication plugin
* Fix /usr/bin/ipa dupled server list
* Revert "Always require SSL in the Kerberos authorization block."
* Fix error messages in hbacrule
* Fix LDAPCreate search failure
* Fix HBAC tests hostnames
* ipa-client assumes a single namingcontext
* migrate process cannot handle multivalued pkey attribute
* Be more clear about selfsign option
* Install tools crash when password prompt is interrupted
* Improve ipa-replica-prepare DNS check
* Prevent collisions of hostgroup and netgroup
* Make sure ipa-client-install returns correct error code
Nalin Dahyabhai (2):
* list users from nested groups, too
* Update man pages to note that PKCS#12 files also contain private
keys, and that the "pkinit" options refer to the KDC's credentials
Petr Vobornik (10):
* Fixed inconsistency in enabling delete buttons
* Code cleanup: widget creation
* Fixed: Column header for attributes table should be full width
* Fixed: Enrolment dialog offers to add entity to reflexive association.
* Fixed: Some widgets do not have space for validation error message
* Disables gid field if not posix group in group adder dialog
* Fixed links to images in config and migration pages
* Split Web UI initialization to several smaller calls #2
* Split Web UI initialization to several smaller calls
Rob Crittenden (20):
* Don't allow a OTP to be set on an enrolled host
* Remove normalizer that made role, privilege and permission names
* Improved handling for ipa-pki-proxy.conf
* The precendence on the modrdn plugin was set in the wrong location.
* Update ipa-ldap-updater man page saying it is not an end-user utility
* Skip the cert validator if the csr we are passed in is a valid filename
* Change the Requires for the server and server-selinux for proper order
* Suppress managed netgroups as indirect members of hosts.
* The return value of restorecon is not reliable, ignore it.
* Normalize uid in user principal to lower-case and do validation
* Shut down duplicated file handle when HTTP response code is not 200.
* Don't log one-time password in logs when configuring client.
* Always require SSL in the Kerberos authorization block.
* Include failed service and service groups in hbac rule management
* Add regular expression pattern to host names.
* Detect CA installation type in ipa-replica-prepare and ipa-ca-install.
* Require current password when using passwd to change your own password.
* Migration: don't assume there is only one naming context, add logging.
* When calculating indirect membership don't test nesting on users and
Simo Sorce (4):
* ipa-pwd-extop: Fix segfault in password change.
* ipa-pwd-extop: Enforce old password checks
* ipa-client-install: Fix joining when LDAP access is restricted
* replica-prepare: anonymous binds may be disallowed
Sumit Bose (2):
* Call standard_logging_setup() before any logging is done
* ipa-pwd-extop: allow password change on all connections with SSF>1
Yuri Chornoivan (1):
* Fix typos
Freeipa-interest mailing list