On 11/08/2011 04:16 PM, Griffing, Thomas (Tom) wrote:

Hello;

I am a consultant for Verizon and have been tasked with determining the best technology for centralizing authentication for Red Hat servers to the Microsoft AD servers. I have looked at IPA and the JBoss presentation reads well, but I'd like to know if IPA is ready for use in the corporate environment.

If it is ready, what is the best distribution for hosting IPA? RHEL 6.1, RHEL 6.2b, Fedora, ???

It is ready, and GA with Red Hat 6.2. I would suggest RHEL, due to the need for quick application of security updates on something as sensitive as the Identity Management server.

If you wish to test it out, I can recommend the Fedora 15 branch as being quite stable. I've only recently started working with a Fedora 16 install, so I can't personally vouch for that yet.

Looking forward to your rely.

Thomas Griffing

*Verizon Proprietary
NOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain information that is confidential and/or subject of legal privilege intended only for the use by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the information therein. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.*